Frequently asked questions

Some of Safe Food 4 U certificates are valid in only in Texas, while others are valid nationally.  The Live food handlers. Both live and online TABC alcohol and the online Food Protection Managers course are State of Texas certifications  

Live ServSafe Food Managers class, online ANSI  food Handlers, and HACCP courses are National certifications.

There is no additional registration for Food Handlers or TABC.  Many Health Departments require an additional registration for food manager certification. 

  • Students get their food handlers and TABC certificates direct in the classroom. Our Certificate is accepted throughout Texas. 
  • 24/7 Technical Support for online programs.  
  • Instructor and Owner, Susan Speyer knows her Stuff. As a former Austin restaurant inspector, she’ll tell real life stories, engaging students! Able to answer questions! Classes are upbeat and FUN

Food employees that work at a hotel, school cafeteria, day care, convenience store, restaurant AND touch or work with food or unpackaged ice OR touch dishes, pots and pans, unwrapped paper or plasticware must have a Food Handler Certificate. Bottom Line…..Cooks, wait staff, dishwashers, bartenders must get a Food Handler certificate.


Live classes are taught in English and/or Spanish. THERE IS NO EXAM! It is conversational style and you are guaranteed your certificate as long as you are present during the entire class.  Cost is $20 cash and you will receive 2 State of Texas Certificates. One for you and one for your manager. The certificates are good for 2 years.

Online courses are national certificates good for 3 years. $8.99.  There is an exam.  You can pick English or Spanish.  Please note if you choose the Combo TABC/ Food Handler online Combo.  The English Combo version is good for a 2 year TABC and a 3 year National Food Handler but the Spanish Combo version is cheaper but comes with a 2 year TABC and a 2 year State of Texas Food Handler.